Friday, February 1, 2008

Ron Burgundy...?

OK this just happened and I want to post this while it is still fresh in my mind.

I was downstairs in the gym, sculpting the guns, and every day I hit the heavy bag and the speed bag for about 15 minutes to round out the workout and because I look wicked cool doing it. (Disclaimer: I do not look cool ever)

So there I was, hitting the heavy bag, trying out my power punches, I'm a lefty when I fight, and I throw a hard left jab at the bag. It flies back, and then the chain holding it up breaks, and it falls on the ground. I stood there, dumbfounded.

Now, before I go any further, this is the same bag the US Marshal's office uses, and I am willing to bet every one of them (women and secretaries included) is in better physical shape than I am.

Still, it was an awesome sight. Even funnier is today is the first time I tried Creatine, which is supposed to enhance your strength. Damn that stuff works!

Right after it fell, someone from the clerks office (where I work) walked in and saw the bag on the floor. You ever walk away from a conversation and then think up something witty later? I was all like "It's not my fault, the link must have already been weakened..." and after I got in the shower I thought up the line "that's what happens when you call me twice in a day..."

So I am wondering, should I:

1. Put this in my quarterly accomplishments
2. Change my name to Ron Burgundy so I can always talk about sculpting my guns
3. up my usage of creatine
4. post photos of myself in a green thong on this blog

Let me know what you think.

No comments: